1. The judge or court may also condition the suspension of the execution of the sentence to the fulfillment of one or some of the following benefits or measures:
- Compliance with the agreement reached by the parties under mediation.
- The payment of a fine, the extent of which will be determined by the judge or court based on the circumstances of the case, which may not be higher than that resulting from applying two installments of fine for each day of imprisonment over a maximum limit of two thirds of its fine. duration.
- Carrying out work for the benefit of the community, especially when it is appropriate as a form of symbolic reparation in view of the circumstances of the incident and the perpetrator. The duration of this work provision will be determined by the judge or court based on the circumstances of the case, without exceeding the duration resulting from calculating one day of work for each day of imprisonment over a maximum limit of two thirds of its duration. duration.
2. If it had been a crime committed against the woman by whoever is or has been her spouse, or by whoever is or has been linked to her by a similar emotional relationship, even without cohabitation, or against the descendants, ascendants or brothers by nature, adoption or affinity of the person or of the spouse or cohabitant, or on minors or people with disabilities in need of special protection who live with him or who are subject to power, guardianship, conservatorship, foster care or de facto custody of the spouse or cohabitant, the payment of the fine referred to in measure 2 of the previous section may only be imposed when it is proven that there are no economic relations between them derived from a marital relationship, coexistence or filiation, or the existence of a common descent.
art 84 cp
Are you looking for a lawyer specialized in Criminal Law?
we help you find a criminal lawyer.
We have a wide network of collaborating lawyers in all Spain.
Article 84 of Penal Code Spanish in the section corresponding to the suspension of the execution of the custodial sentences. The article talks about what conditions must be met for the judge or court to execute the suspension of the sentence, some such as payment of the fine imposed or an agreement between the parties.
- Penal Code
- BOOK I: General provisions on crimes, responsible persons, penalties, security measures and other consequences of the criminal offense