1. The theft will be punished with a prison sentence of one to three years:
1. When things of artistic, historical, cultural or scientific value are stolen.
2. When it comes to essential things and a shortage situation is caused.
Are you looking for a lawyer specialized in Criminal Law?
we help you find a criminal lawyer.
We have a wide network of collaborating lawyers in all Spain.
3. When it involves conduits, wiring, equipment or components of electricity supply infrastructure, hydrocarbons or telecommunications services, or other things intended for the provision of services of general interest, and a serious loss is caused to the same.
4. When it comes to agricultural or livestock products, or the instruments or means used to obtain them, provided that the crime is committed on agricultural or livestock farms and causes a damage serious to them.
5. When it is particularly serious, taking into account the value of the stolen effects, or damages of special consideration occur.
6. When it puts the victim or his or her family in a serious economic situation or has been carried out by abusing their personal circumstances or their situation of helplessness, or taking advantage of the occurrence of an accident or the existence of a general risk or danger for the community. that has weakened the defense of the offended party or facilitated the commission of the crime with impunity.
7. When, upon committing the crime, the culprit had been executorily sentenced for at least three crimes included in this Title, provided they are of the same nature. Canceled records or records that should be canceled will not be taken into account.
8. When minors under sixteen years of age are used to commit the crime.
9. When the culprit or culprits participate in the events as members of a criminal organization or group dedicated to the commission of crimes included in this Title, provided they are of the same nature.
2. The penalty indicated in the previous section will be imposed in its upper half when two or more of the circumstances provided for therein occur.
art 235 cp
Article 235 of the Penal Code Spanish refers to cases related to aggravated robbery that carry a prison sentence of 1 to 3 years.